Dental Indemnity and DMO

Dental Indemnity

A Dental Indemnity plan is commonly known as a fee-for-service or traditional plan. If you select an Indemnity plan you’ll most likely have freedom to visit any dentist you want. You typically aren’t required to obtain referrals, but some plans may need you to get preauthorization for specific procedures. Most Dental Indemnity plans will have you to pay a d eductible. After you have paid your deductible, Indemnity policies usually pay a percentage of “usual, customary and reasonable (UCR) rates” for covered services. For instance, the insurance company may pay 60% and you may be required to cover the remaining 40% of the UCR.

Dental Maintenance Organization (DMO)

Dental DMO requires the selection of a Primary Care Dentist from an established network. Preventative care is covered once every six months at the full 100%. Normal restorative services and major restorative procedures are covered after a scheduled co-payment amount is paid. All the services must be provided by your Primary Care Dentist.